Because our patients cannot talk or tell us where it hurts, diagnostics are even more important in veterinary medicine than in human healthcare. Thankfully we provide on-site Abaxis laboratory equipment that permits us to screen and diagnose your pet rapidly.
We are able to perform detailed testing that rapidly aids us in the diagnosis of your pet and determination of the best treatments. Our specifically trained Laboratory Technician performs these diagnostic tests for our veterinarians while your pet is being treated, whether on a hospitalized basis or as an outpatient.
A few of the many important tests we provide include:
- Blood analysis, complete blood counts, blood chemistries
- Urinalysis and sedimentation
- Fecal examinations (testing for the presence of hookworms, whipworms, tapeworms, and roundworms)
- Viral identification (Parvovirus, Feline Leukemia Virus, and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus)
- Heartworm infestation testing
- Skin scrapes
- Skin cytology, ear cytology, mass cytology
For those few tests that we do not perform at our clinic, we use an outside laboratory, Antech Diagnostics Labs. They are the nation’s premier veterinary diagnostics lab and provide us rapid testing and reporting on possible diseases, providing:
- Bacterial cultures
- PRC panels
- Comprehensive thyroid panels
- Fluid cytology
- Fungal cultures
- Tick panels
Remember pets age approximately 7 years for every single calendar year. This is why annual or bi-annual blood screening is important. Some conditions can thus be detected before serious illness becomes clinically apparent. We also provide tailored testing to your pet’s age, lifestyle, and breed. During your pet’s next wellness exam ask us about the screening tests that are right for you and your pet.